The words from the "body" field do not display beneath the banner.

Oct 30, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Thank you for the updated project!  I cannot wait for the improvements you plan on! Particularly the display of the announcement in a dialog or some other format than the basic SharePoint default.

I have installed the rotator on both Sharepoint 2010 Server Standard and SharePoint 2010 Server Enterprise and have the same issue on both.....Has anyone any experience with why the field which is set to display 15 workds from the body field is not returning anything for me?

Oct 30, 2011 at 10:16 PM

I found out that if I put in more than one sentence, the words show.   This seems odd...But that is what I see happening.

Feb 2, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Carolee 

doesn't work here - not even with more than one sentence... 

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM

The Body section needs to be added to the view that the Web Part is inheriting. Try this: -

1. Go to your Announcements List.  Click Settings from the SharePoint menu and select List Settings.
  2. Under "Views" click "All Items".
  3. In the "Columns" section, check the box next to "Body" to display them.
  4. Go to the homepage displaying the Expert News Rotator and Modify the Web Part
  5. Select the Body column in the "News Body Column" drop down.
Oct 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM

There's a bug in the code that is causing this behavior. At the moment you need to have 15 words or more in the body.

For the devs out there, download the source code. Open ExpertNewsRotator.cs and change private string FirstWords. Change return string.Empty; to return input;

Coordinator
Nov 2, 2012 at 6:17 PM

@Robin_CodePlex - Thanks for this, I will make the alterations to the source.

All,

Sorry I haven't been active in my project, work has taken every free moment of my time. I plan on reviewing the source for this project and picking up the project again.

~Karnith

Coordinator
Nov 2, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I have made the changes to display words under 15 in the body. I have also created a repository for the source with source control.

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Hi,

i'm still testing this nice webpart and have now the problem with news using unter 15 words for the body. Inside the discussion Karnith wrote, that there is a improved version without this problem.

The note is from Nov 2, 2012. Where can i find this NEW version? The Link for downloading ist from 2011.

Thank you for helping me.
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Lando_CH wrote:
Hi,

i'm still testing this nice webpart and have now the problem with news using unter 15 words for the body. Inside the discussion Karnith wrote, that there is a improved version without this problem.

The note is from Nov 2, 2012. Where can i find this NEW version? The Link for downloading ist from 2011.

Thank you for helping me.
Hi Lando,

The changes were made in the source code that would need to be compiled. Just to let you know, this project is no longer getting updated and is closed. I am starting a new on, but can only work on it when I have the time (I'm a Sr. SharePoint Architect, so at the moment I have a lot of projects to do that take priority. I hope you understand...)

Karnith